Have you ever dreamed of having a perfect and magical outdoor escape but you just don’t have the greenest thumb? Well, a landscape architect could be a great investment for you.
Landscape architecture covers a huge spectrum and requires a multidisciplinary approach involving science, art, ecology and more. Along with beautifying your backyard, landscape architects can be responsible for a wide variety of projects like restoring damaged areas, urban planning, public parks, shopping centres, golf courses and much more. Landscape architects are known to create the perfect balance between the built and natural environments.
Landscape architecture involves planning, design, and management and is concerned with both urban and rural areas from the smallest open space to a whole city. Landscape architects are responsible for designing areas that are not only beautiful but also functional and environmentally-friendly. Increasingly, they tend to work in environmental remediation such as preservation and restoration of wetlands or removal of stormwater runoff in new developments. Added to that, landscape architects increasingly play a role in historic landscape preservation and restoration.
You may not realize it, but landscape architects are integral in planning, designing and managing both natural and built open spaces and environments. They work in unison with the environment to provide innovative and aesthetically pleasing spaces for people to enjoy and their work covers a huge range of projects including gardens parks, city-centres and more. When thinking about the job of a landscape architect, one must never limit their abilities by saying that they’re just there to make it look pretty. Moreover, their work is about creating the space and the ambience and improving the quality of the built environment.
So why should you invest in a landscape architect?
1.They can increase the value of your home
- Hiring a landscape architect is one of the best investments for your home and they will not only add value but also extend your living space to allow you to enjoy all that nature has to offer
2. They will help give you a set plan
- Landscape architects are trained to think about landscapes as systems and they will assess your property’s problem areas and give a number of possibilities to create a solid plan that you will love
- They can also help you select the perfect materials and colours for your project
- Overall, the landscape architect will handle all the nitty-gritty details saving you time and stress
3. They can design low-maintenance gardens
- For those looking for gardens that will require little to no care, landscape architects with choose plants that will reduce the need for supplemental watering or irrigation
4. Landscape architects can choose pathways that can offer solutions for flooding while adding beauty
- They know exactly which materials to use to reduce runoff
5. They can design natural looking swimming pools
6. They offer their expertise from start to finish
- They will remain involved with the construction and will follow through when they’re finished
7. Landscape architects will take all of your wants and needs and create a landscape that you will love. It will be a special place that you and your family and friends will enjoy
Read more on similar topics right here at Construction Caribbean
Sources: https://www.asla.org/reasonstohire.aspx https://www.arch2o.com/landscape-architecture-profession/